On September 14, 2022 all 52 plans from the 50 states, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico were approved by the FHWA. Six and one-half months later, where do we stand?
- One state has closed its NEVI applications: Ohio, but Ohio has been a bit of a mess as they started their process prior to the final NEVI rules and after the rules came out they required applicants to resubmit their applications. We have one client that had to resubmit 20 site applications.
- Three states currently have their NEVI application process open: Alaska, Colorado, and Pennsylvania.
- Five states have announced tentative timelines of late spring to mid-summer to open their NEVI application process.
- Roughly seven states have delayed their initial target dates or have announced tentative dates of fall/late 2023, or they announced delays with no new date.
- Zero states have approved any NEVI applications.
Is tracking the state’s NEVI process of value to your organization or clients? We track all things NEVI which you can access in our database. We also proactively communicate the latest updates, news, and our analysis through email notifications that you will receive one to two times per week.
We also have a custom NEVI (and non-NEVI grant) workspace where we can add custom fields and you can input your own information, status, notes, etc.
Our NEVI subscription is now available at $59 per month (cancel anytime). Find out more here.